Let’s Make a Wheel of Bingo: A Comedy Show featuring New Orleans’ Todd Thunder and Drag Show featuring New Orlean’s Own Coca Mesa and Tupelo’s GoDiva’s Elaganza Extravaganza
Let’s Make a Wheel of Bingo is New Orleans’ #1 Game Show (in certain lower parishes).
Excitement has never been so naughty ~ your host, the sensational Todd Thunder!
New Orleans Todd Thunder (a.k.a Todd Shaffer) is multi-talented artist and actor. Before moving to New Orleans Todd was director of the Modern Primitive Art Gallery in Atlanta, GA, one of the nation’s leading galleries for outsider art in the south. He was responsible for gallery operations as well as corporate sales to the House of Blues Collection, the largest public art collection. “Let’s Make a Wheel of Bingo” is his own avant-garde, camp creation, and unique spin on America’s love affair with trivia and the game show!
Following Let’s Make a Wheel of Bingo, it’s drag time with performances by headliner and New Orleans artist Coca Mesa plus Miss Oxford Pride 2017 Baby Holliday, Tupelo’s Kiera Mason, and Memphis Freak Nasty!
About Coca Mesa:
Born and raised in Gretna, LA. and named Southern Decadence Grand Marshal XLIII for the year 2017, Coca Mesa resides in the French Quarter and has been performing since 1998. Previously, she worked at Oz for almost 19 years, performing every sunday along The Ladies Of Oz, and casually on wednesdays night as well. Currently she performs at The Country Club New Orleans, Vaughan’s Lounge, The Golden Lantern, Drag Brunch Cabaret every Sunday at Boomtown Casino & Hotel, and a few other gigs here and there, including private events such as birthdays, weddings, bachelorette parties, engagement parties, etc. While not a pageant queen, Coca has competed in a few pageants including being crowned Miss Gay New Orleans America 2004.
Come join the fun, test your knowledge, win prizes, tip the queens, and celebrate Pride!
Students: You must visit the Lyric in person with your ID to get the special student rate.
Potential prizes YOU could win include:
- A Big Easy Ace: A two night stay at the Ace Hotel in New Orleans, which includes dinner for two and brunch at the Josephine Estelle. Named after each of their daughters, Josephine Estelle reflects the collaborative spirit of James Beard Award-nominated chefs Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman whose renowned culinary tell is the unlikely marriage between classic Italian recipes and the bright and mystifying flavors of the American South. Explore their amazing menus at http://josephineestelle.com/
- The Ultimate Oxford Staycation – A weekend getaway for two at the beautiful, locally owned bed and breakfast, The Nests. You will stay in the Eden Suite of the beautifully appointed Nest Egg cottage (https://www.thenestsoxford.com/the-nest-egg-gallery) and be treated to a breakfast of fresh fruit, juice, and pastries from Lusa’s Bakery. The luscious country grounds are perfect for a getaway just outside of Oxford.But wait that not all! This local bundle of relaxation and yum, includes a $50.00 gift certificate to Saint Leo’s restaurant and trip to La Rousse Spa for a Mani/Pedi pampering experience for your hands and feet!
- This One Won’t Give You the Blues: Enjoy a round of cocktails and dinner for two at Ground Zero in Clarksdale with overnight accommodations at Delta Cotton Company Apartments (two bedroom flat) and passes to the Mississippi Blues Museum. This local bundle also includes a framed photo of the Shack Up Inn in Clarksdale, a T-shirt, and cap.
- A Stella-r New Orleans Getaway. Start your trip with a two night stay at the Elysian Fields Inn, a bed and breakfast located in the historic Faubourg Marigny just five blocks from the French Quarter. You might even see Blanche trying to change streetcars during your stay. http://elysianfieldsinn.com/This prize also includes brunch to the amazing Willa Jean’s and drinks at Mag’s 940. That’s right folks another James Beard nominee chef has served up some awesome support Pride weekend with this one!
“Opened in August 2015, Willa Jean celebrates Southern sensibilities with fresh, local ingredients. Named after Chef Partner Kelly Fields’ grandmother, who inspired her to pursue her passions, the restaurant and bakery serves breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the week, and offers Saturday and Sunday brunch. Located in the center of Central Business District, Willa Jean is walking distance from New Orleans landmarks such as the WWII Museum, The Mercedes Superdome, and the galleries on Julia Street. ” http://www.willajean.com/
- How about a Weekday Getaway – This package includes a two night stay at your choice of one of the seven hotels of the New Orleans Hotel Collection (http://www.neworleanshotelcollection.com) including four options in the French Quarter and is valid Sunday -Thursday nights. Amenities include breakfast, Wi-Fi, and/or a welcome drink depending on your choice of hotel. Hurricanes, hand grenades, and cafe au lait not included.
- Spin That Record Package: “It’s Impossible” not to love the prizes provided by End of All Music, featuring the Motion Picture Soundtracks to both Josie and the Pussycats and The Valley of the Dolls. “Spin Around” during this “Chance Meeting” and you will find a tote bag full of other goodies as well! “Come On,” and don’t forget, “You’re a Star!” https://youtu.be/4DZRbbsVGcU https://youtu.be/LU5bOAyDbHc
- The Velvet Ditch Eats and Treats: A basket of local goodies from the Chicory Market, a $25.00 gift certificate to the Oxford Canteen, $50.00 gift card to Proud Larry’s, and $30 gift certificate to Neilson’s.
- No Raining on this Parade: You and a guest will be riding on Mr/Ms Pride Float at New Orleans Pride in June.
- Don’t Wig Out, but What’s on your Head! Yes, you can win your very own diva wig and be the envy of your friends and strut your stuff as your walk Oxford’s Square like you’re on Project Runway!
- Make America Read Again: Feed your inner bookworm with a cozy package of items from our local bookstore Square Books, including: a James Baldwin mug, Make America Read Again cap, Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams, and an HB1523 manifesto
- Better than Catnip: A basket of swag from Mississippi’s first and oldest distillery Cathead Vodka. Full of hats, shirts, stickers, and coozies to make sure you are just as cool as your drink.
You cannot win if you don’t play. Buy a ticket, spin the wheel, and see amazing performance artists, too!